What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Overcast Saturday afternoon? Lame sauce.

It being the end of May, summer starts in 3 weeks, and already in summer break, you'd like the sun would show itself more often, and it would get warm. Memorial Day weekend is one known for lots of boating and water, but from the looks of things, that may not happen. We'll see I guess.

Kyle, Sam, and I drove to the airport last night to pick up their parents, and we left around 11:20pm. The drive there was crazy! The roads had small puddles every so often and because the car has such wide tires, going through that standing water wasn't fun. Every light was reflecting off the road into my eyes and it was difficult to see the lanes. Plus, it was dark! But we arrived safely, picked up our awesome passengers, and made it home in the same conditions safely only to consume massive amounts of cookies and toast. Usually when I make that drive, it would be clear! Sad day. I go to the airport again this next week to pick up Grandma from her little getaway. This time will be in the daylight, though.

I have devoted myself to volunteering at the senior center every Friday morning, now, until I find a job. It's nothing too exciting, but it does give me an excuse to get out of bed in the morning and, well, old people are funny. :)

I'm getting really anxious to go back to school, too. I've already come up with a possible schedule for the fall totally 17 credit hours, which is above average for BYU-Idaho, and I have my place to live, too. I invited another friend to see if she'd like to live with Whit and me and that would just be awesome! I'm thinking once I get out to Idaho I will probably stay out there for quite a while, in hopes of finding a job and sticking with it, instead of going between Idaho and Oregon every 6 months. However, I'm glad I got to come home this summer. I'm spending quality time with family before Henry goes off to school and with my Grandma, too. I get to strengthen bonds with the Claridges as well. I was out here for Trish & Russell's wedding, and I'll be here for Henry's graduation and DJ's homecoming.

It'll be nice to continue advancing in life in the fall, though. I'll enjoy Oregon while it lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment