What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

It's time for a change

It's time for a change. I'm just not completely happy with where I'm at right now, and so I'm making some changes. Some people dye their hair when they want a change, some buy new clothes, and some do drastic things that I really have no experience with. I have been a "go with the flow" kind of girl in most situations, but it's time to take a stand against my own life!

I've had the same email, which is after my mom's name, since I've been 13. 7 years later, in college, out of the house (for the most part), I think I should get my own personal email name, don't you think? Also, this blog is something new. My previous blog had a couple hundred posts on it going back for a couple of years. I put a lot of time and energy into those posts and because of that I am not deleting it. However, I am making it unavailable to the public because I don't need to relive some of those posts, either. If you were a regular viewer of the encrypted old blog, I will be cross-posting some old writings, too.

The main reason I'm "starting over" is to gain a sense identity for myself, by myself. I have a missionary friend that was just transfered to a new area in his mission. He wrote me saying how he's excited for a fresh start because no one knew him and he could be anyone he wanted. I envy that. I'm pursuing that idea. I have changed in ways I never thought possible. I have learned from the past, am enjoying my present, and am preparing for my future. I'm not going to be afraid to post my opinion. Let's see how often this gets used...

"White Locket" is the name I'm going to write under. Honestly, it's really random. I was sitting here in the corner of my bed staring around the room looking for meaningful, deep, inspirational items for name ideas. I looked over at my jewelry case and remembered a small chain heart locket that is very special to me. It has a lot of sentimental value and the story behind it is quite powerful, I think. And before you jump to conclusions, no, it's not white. The color "white" has always been pure, godly, good, clean, powerful, sincere, honest, and truthful. I don't know if you're one of those people that sees the world in colors (not literally... work with me here), but every color has a meaning in my mind. Blue is soft, quiet, or even sad or mournful. Red is power, raging love, or maybe even anger or hate depending on the situation. Black is dark, clever, and dead. Just a taste of my mind there, for you.

Thank you for the support in advance. I hope I still have some juice in me. This summer really hasn't taken off. I still feel like I got home from college two weeks ago instead of six or so. I have started playing with the piano and some lyrics, so who knows what'll happen, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment